Yes the festival dates are 19/20/21st July 2013
Yes the festival is on the same site as 2012. You can find it using Google maps entering postcode PO30 4NA.
Yes we have lots of car parking space but cars are not allowed in the camping area to drop off tents etc.
Yes you can pitch your tent but not next to your parked vehicle.
Yes there is a camper-van area and yes you can pitch a small tent next to it.
Yes camping in a tent is free.
Yes you can buy day tickets Saturday and Sunday but not after 2100 each evening on the gate.
Yes tickets for children 12 years and UNDER are free and they must be with their parents or guardians.
Yes you can camp or not camp with a week-end ticket but it still costs £75 for an adult.
Yes you can camp overnight but only with a full week-end ticket.
Yes you can enter the site from 1200 on Saturday and Sunday with a day ticket.
Yes you can bring your own alcoholic drinks but for consumption on the campsite only and NO glass bottles.
Yes there will be plenty of food and drink concessions.
Yes there will be lots for the kids to do.
Yes there is disability parking.
Yes there are toilets for individuals with special needs.
Yes gates open on Friday 19th July with the campsite opening at 0900 and music arena at 1200
Yes you must leave by mid-day on Monday.
Yes you have to leave your dogs at home.
Yes you don't need a passport to come to the Isle of Wight.
Location: Three Gates Farm Calbourne/Shalfleet Isle of Wight PO30 4NA
Main entrance off the A3054 Yarmouth Newport Road
- Car Parks open 0900 Friday 19th July
- Camp Site opens 0900 Friday 19th July
- Day ticket entry from 1100 Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st
- Didge Cafe opens 1200 - 0200 0100 Sunday
- Rhythmtree Stage 1400 - 2230 Friday 1300-2230 Saturday 1300-2230 Sunday
- RhumbaRumBar 1200-0200 0100 Sunday
- Bars open 1000 - 0200 0100 Sunday
- Late night refreshments available on the camp-site
- No entry to the festival after 2300 without a valid ticket.
- Campsite closes 1200 Monday 22nd July
Travel to and on the Isle of Wight:
- Red Funnel Ferries – Southampton to East Cowes (Car ferry). www.redfunnel.co.uk
- Fed Funnel Red Jet – Southampton to West Cowes (Passenger)
- Wighlink Ferries - Lymington to Yarmouth and Portsmouth - Fishbourne (Car ferry) www.wightlink.co.uk/ferry-travel-info
- Wightlink Catamaran Portsmouth-Ryde (Passenger)
- Hovertravel – Southsea to Ryde Esplanade www.hovertravel.co.uk (Passenger)
- Southern Vectis Buses Route 7 from Newport or Yarmouth bus stop at main-entrance www.islandbuses.info
- Taxi Companies www.iwight.com/living_here/maps/taxi_companies.asp
First Aid and Medical Emergencies:
- The festival will have 24hr first response cover with a first aid point on site.
- There is an A&E department at St Mary's Hospital Newport less than 5 miles away.
- There will be approved access points for emergency services.
- The festival fire safety measures will have been approved by the IOW Fire Service.
- There will be adequate access points for emergency services
- Please take note of the 'running man' signs for emergency exits around the site.
- Please alert stewards or security staff if you suspect fire.
- In the case of full scale emergencies please make your way under instruction to the nearest fire exits.
- Emergency announcements will be made from the main-stage PA and by security and stewards.
- Fire fighting equipment is available on site.
- Festival site security is operated by a professional and accredited company.
- Security staff will be clearly identified by company clothing.
- Stewards will be clearly identified by high visibility vests.
- Please be prepared for adverse weather conditions.
- Please bring adequate clothing for protection against sun and rain.
- Please bring sun cream and protective clothing/sun shades particularly for young children.
- The Frolick Inn, Didge Cafe and RhumbaRumBar are all covered venues but you may also need to seek shelter in your own tents or vehicles.
- The Rhythmtree is a family event at the organisers take child protection seriously.
- All personnel involved with the festival organisation will be aware of our child protection policy.
- All personnel, other than stewards, who have direct contact with children as part of their duties will be CRB checked.
- The children's area will be staffed by CRB checked personnel.
- Please notify security staff or the festival organisers if you come across a lost or distressed child.
- Lost children will be supervised in the children's area or the production office until parents can be located.
- All children will be issued with security wristbands on entry and there will be plain white bands available on which you can write a mobile telephone number.
Please DO NOT bring the following items as you may be refused entry to the site.
• Glass - no glass is permitted in the campsite or arena
• Illegal substances
• Portable Laser Equipment and Pens
• Unauthorised Professional Film or Video Equipment
• Audio Recorders
• Air Horns
• Spray Cans
• Flares or Chinese Lanterns
• Any item which may reasonably be considered for use as a weapon
• Please be advised you may be body searched at the entrance
• Persons suspected of carrying items that may be used in an offensive or dangerous manner, or carrying out illegal activities onsite may be searched
• Excessive amounts of cigarettes and alcohol, please only bring enough for personal use.
• Large camping gas canisters (more than 2.7kg in gas weight) aren’t permitted anywhere (however small camping gas canisters are permitted in the campsite)
Road temporary closures:
- Underwood Lane at the Yarmouth end of the site will be subject to a temporary road closure.
- There will be no public access to the festival from this lane.